About the Committee
The purpose of the Tree Committee is to promote a healthy and sustainable community forest through the planting and maintaining of quality trees, and providing education and advocacy to the public on the benefits of trees.
The goals of the Tree Committee are to work in close cooperation with the Tree Warden, all town departments, homeowners, and businesses on matters that affect Longmeadow’s trees in order to preserve and improve a sustainable community forest.
Meetings are held monthly at the DPW headquarters. Meeting times and locations are posted at the Town Hall and are listed on the Longmeadow Town Calendar. All meetings are open to the public and input is welcomed.
Agendas are available prior to meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes
Members are appointed by the Select Board and consist of 2 public employees and 5 private residents.
- Jay Scott, Tree Warden
- Bari Jarvis, Director - Parks and Recreation
- Patrick Carnahan
- David Marinelli, Chair
- Wayne Ottani
- Mark Tolosky
- One vacancy
You may contact the Tree Warden at:
You may contact the Committee Chair at:
Frequently Asked Questions
- Permission to plant tree on Town Right-of-Way
- Request for Town to plant tree on Town Right-of-Way
- Emerald Ash Borer
- Longmeadow Town Bylaws
- Longmeadow GIS Map
- Memorial Tree Planting Program Brochure
- Balsam Fir Planting Instructions
- Eastern Hophornbeam Planting Instructions
- Northern Red Oak Planting Instructions
- Scarlet Oak Planting Instructions