Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
Due to a nationwide delay in the manufacture of flu vaccine this year, the Board of Health flu clinics will begin approximately one week later than in previous years.
The following is the schedule of clinics planned at this time. Residents may want to check the website prior to the clinic to verify the schedule; also, it is possible that additional clinics may be added to this schedule.
1. Large Flu Clinic: Tuesday, Oct. 8, 2019, 9AM-Noon, Greenwood Gym
2. Day Clinic: Thursday, Oct 17, 2019, 11:30-1:00PM, Meeting Rm. (adjacent to the Health RM), Greenwood Adult Center
3. Evening Clinic, Wednesday, Oct. 23, 2019, 4-6PM, Meeting Rm. (adjacent to Health Office), Greenwood Adult Center
4. Day Clinic: Tuesday, Oct. 29, 2019, Noon-1:30PM, Meeting Rm. (adjacent to Health office), Greenwood Adult Center
5. Evening Clinic: Thursday, Nov. 7, 2019, 4:30-6:00PM, Storrs Library, Meeting Rm.
Note: Most Massachusetts health insurance plans (including Medicare HMO’s/Advantage Plans), Medicare and Mass. Health will cover this immunization with no co-pay.
A fee of $6.00 will be charged to individuals who are subscribers of Aetna, United Health, Humana, and Anthem Blue Cross of Ct.
PLEASE BRING ALL OF YOUR HEALTH INSURANCE CARDS TO THE CLINIC.
The Board of Health also stocks Pneumonia Vaccines and Tdap vaccine. These vaccines are also covered without a co-pay by most health insurers. You may wish to inquire whether these vaccines are recommended for you; if so, a personal appointment will be set up for the administration.