2020 Leaf Program
Fall 2020 Leaf Program Important Dates
- September 28, 2020: Special Town of Longmeadow leaf bags go on sale at Longmeadow Big Y and Carr-Brightwood Hardware in Enfield.
- October 17, 2020: BIRNIE ROAD leaf drop-off site opens. The leaf site is open seven days a week, 8am-5pm. This is weather dependent. Closing date is scheduled for Sunday, December 6th. An Annual Recycling Center Sticker is required.
- November 7, 2020: Fall hours begin at the Recycling Center on November 7. The Recycling Center will be open Saturdays only from 8am-3pm beginning November 7 through December.
- November 7, November 21, December 5, 2020: Curbside collection of special town leaf bags. Bags must be set to the curb by 7am on the days of collection. This schedule is subject to change due to weather.
Leaf Program FAQs
What is the leaf program?
The Town of Longmeadow’s leaf program is a “fee-based” curbside (tree belt) bag collection pick up.
How does this work?
Only special “Town of Longmeadow” bags containing leaves will be picked up from the tree belt.
What is a special “Town of Longmeadow” leaf bag?
It is a 33-gallon, clear plastic bag with green “Town of Longmeadow” writing. No other bags will be picked up.
Where do I purchase the leaf bags?
Special Town of Longmeadow leaf bags are sold at Longmeadow Big Y and Carr-Brightwood Hardware in Enfield. Bags will go on sale Monday, September 28th.
How much do the leaf bags cost?
Leaf bags are sold in packs of 10 @ $5.00/pack.
What is the weight limit of the bags?
Bags cannot exceed 40 pounds and must contain leaves only. Heavier bags or contaminated bags will not be picked up.
When will the bags be picked up?
Bags are scheduled to be picked up from your tree belt on November 7th, November 21st, and December 5th by Waste Management. Bags should be on the tree belt by 7am on those days. This schedule is subject to change due to weather.
Where do I place my bags for pick up?
Place leaf bags on the tree belt, NOT IN THE STREET. In case of impending snowfall, keep the bags back to avoid them being covered or plowed over.
Are there any other options for leaf disposal?
(1) You may bring leaves to the Town’s designated leaf collection site on Birnie Road beginning October 17th, 2020. Leaves may be loose or in ANY bag (special Town leaf bags NOT required at this site). You must empty bags at the site. The leaf site is open seven days a week, 8am-5pm. An annual Recycling Center sticker is required to use this site.
(2) You can contract with a landscaper to collect your leaves.
Check the Town’s Facebook page for updates or call the DPW office at 567-3400.