- The Finance Department is responsible for overseeing all town expenditures and recording transactions in compliance with Massachusetts General Laws.
- The Finance Director is responsible for performing complex financial and accounting work for the Town, including administration of the Town’s operating budget and oversight of the Town’s computerized accounting system.
- The Town Accountant helps protect the financial interests of the town by providing independent oversight of the Town’s finances and by ensuring that financial transactions are executed legally, efficiently, and effectively.
- The Finance Department is also responsible for all required tax reporting and works with the town’s auditing firm to ensure compliance.
The Finance Department is located in the lower level of the Community House.
Audits & Budgets
Visit our archive center to find past fiscal year financial documents.
- Longmeadow, MA CAFR20 - Final
- 19 CAFR - Longmeadow - signed final
- 18 CAFR - Longmeadow - signed final
- FY 21 GFOA Longmeadow Budget Report Final
- FY 20 GFOA Longmeadow Budget Report Final
- FY 19 GFOA Longmeadow Budget Report
- Moody's credit opinion - 8/1/18
- Moodys Issuer Comment Report 4-17-18
- OPEB 7-1-19
- Other Post Employment Benefits Actuarial Study (PDF)
- PFG Issuer Comment Report Final
- POS Longmeadow 9-19-17
- Standard-Poors Credit Rating May 2020
- Summary - Longmeadow Massachusetts GeneralObligation- - Oct-11-2019