Select Board Meetings
- 7:00 p.m.
- First and Third Mondays of the month
- Longmeadow High School
Meeting Room A15
The meetings are open to the public and are usually televised on Longmeadow’s Public Access Television, Channel 12.
Select Board Meeting Recordings: Click here to watch the latest Select Board Meetings
- Reports & Studies
- Citizen of the Year Award
- Citizen Commendation Award
- Executive Summaries
- Town Charter
- Town Manager Appointment History
Citizen of the Year Award
The Citizen of the Year Award is presented annually at the Annual Town Meeting to a citizen who exemplifies a lifetime of distinguished volunteer service to the Town of Longmeadow and the community. Awardee will be presented with a certificate and will have their name listed on a plaque at Town Hall.
Citizen Commendation Award
The Citizen Commendation Award is presented to a citizen(s) for outstanding service and/or accomplishments to the Town of Longmeadow and the community in a given year. Multiple Citizen Commendation Awards may be presented. Awardee(s) will be presented with a certificate by the Select Board.
The Town Charter approved by voters in May 2004 reorganized the town and created a new full-time position called Town Manager who is appointed by the Select Board. The Town Manager position is the chief administrative officer of the town who is responsible to the Select Board and for the proper administration of all Town affairs.
On May 1, 2017 the Select Board created a Charter Review Committee "to advise the Town Manager and Select Board on any changes to the Charter that may enhance the governance of the town." The Committee met 20 times and filed a Final Report on October 9, 2018. A copy of that report is available here.
- Town Manager Lyn N. Simmons was appointed November 12, 2019
- Interim Town Manager James Moynihan was appointed July 15, 2019
- Town Manager Stephen J. Crane was appointed April 2, 2013.
- Acting Town Manager Barry Del Castilho was appointed October 10, 2012
- Longmeadow’s 1st Town Manager Robin Crosbie was appointed March 1, 2005.