Passport Services

Longmeadow Parks and Recreation has the ability to accept applications for a U.S. Passport Book and/or U.S. Passport Card at the Community House office between 9 a.m. and 2:45 p.m., Monday through Friday.

Please call ahead to ensure Passport Acceptance Agents are scheduled to be in the office on the day you plan to visit and to ensure you are clear on requirements for your particular situation (many people have to leave and come back again because they do not have all the required information - we can prevent this from happening to you!).


Click Below to Locate Alternate Acceptance Facilities

Passport Acceptance Locations
US passport
All passport applications must be completed by 3 p.m. each day and the fees can only be paid for by money order or check (you will need 2 separate checks, and amounts vary). Longmeadow Parks and Recreation Department carries most, if not all forms to apply for, renew or change your passport.

**NEW:  If you have not had a passport before, the State Department now requires an original Birth Certificate and a copy to be mailed to them.**


We do not provide passport photo services. You can find a list of nearby passport photo retailers, below. Please carefully inspect your passport photo. The Department of State does not accept photos that do not meet their strict guidelines. Some of which are:
  • In color
  • Not blurry and not too dark (underexposed)
  • 2 x 2 inches in size
  • Printed on thin, photo-quality paper
  • Taken within the past 6 months, showing current appearance
  • Full face, front view with a plain white or off-white background
  • Between 1 inch and 1 3/8 inches from the bottom of the chin to the top of the head
  • Taken in normal street attire:
  • Uniforms should not be worn in photographs except religious attire that is worn daily
  • Do not wear a hat or headgear that obscures the hair or hair line
  • No glasses can be worn
  • Articles worn for religious or medical reasons should be accompanied by a statement to that effect.


While most adult renewals must be done by mail, there are some exceptions and we can process those that require the assistance of an acceptance facility. Please call ahead if you are not sure.

Our friendly staff will be happy to help you with your passport application questions. Call 413-565-4160 if you need assistance. For additional information, including the most current passport applications/forms, please visit Travel.State.Gov.

Please Note

While the passport website indicates that some facilities can accept credit card payments for passport fees, we cannot. Checks are the only accepted form of payment, and you will need to write two separate checks: One payable to the "US Department of State" and one payable to the "Town of Longmeadow". Check amounts vary, based on services requested.

Related Documents

Passport Checklist